The club is only as strong as the club community we build. To encourage that, we hold several club functions each year to build our community including:
- team get-togethers to welcome new and returning players and their families
- our famous Trivia Night, which is held mid-season and is our major fundraiser each year, and
- end of season BBQs for our players, which are held during the last week of training.
Tuggeranong Vikings Rugby Union Football Club functions
The Vikings Juniors support the Vikings RUFC (‘The Seniors’) events by encouraging participation and attendance at the following events:
- the Vikings Red and White Ball
- Vikings Theme home rounds at Vikings Park, such as Ladies Day and Polynesian Day, and
- Home ground upport at Vikings Park, including
- being members of the ‘Red Army’
- providing ball boys and gate attendants (u14 NZ tour committee); and
- playing warm-up games (curtain raisers) at some Vikings RUFC home games.
Club Presentation Night
Our end-of-season presentation night is normally held at the Vikings Erindale Club Auditorium in mid-September each year. There are normally two sessions:
- Under 7’s to under 10’s from 6.00pm – 7.00pm; and
- Under 11’s to under 16’s from 7.00pm – 8:30pm
Anyone who has played with the Vikings Juniors for 3, 6 or 9 years are awarded medals in addition to their team presentation.
Along with all of the player’s trophies and medals, there are two other very important awards that are presented night. These awards are listed below.
Club Person Of The Year Award
This award goes to an adult of the club to recognise the tireless efforts of our volunteers. It is based on the demonstration of the following criteria throughout the season:
- assisting with club activities above and beyond normal expectations
- providing positive reinforcement and support to the players of the club and the club in general, and
- being a good role model for the club’s our players.
Dominic Bowen Award
This award goes to a player of the junior club and is based on the demonstration of the following criteria throughout the season:
- good sportsmanship
- leadership of fellow team mates
- being attentive at training sessions
- volunteering their time to help with club activities, and
- being a good role model for the club’s younger players.